Provide leadership in education, resources and networking opportunities for its members to promote love of gardening, floral design, landscape design,
civic and environmental responsibility.
83 Years of Civic Gardening 1934 -
Click Here Information for
P.A.G.C. Members Only
Including Meeting Minutes and Monthly Reports.
Yearbook Will Soon be Available for Access to
Check us out on
to be a Facebook member to view this page.)
Petoskey Area Garden Club
Exceptional Overview of
The Petoskey Area Garden Club was formed in
the spring of 1934 in order to improve the civic
appearance of Petoskey and create interest in
Dorothy Loveless was the founder of the
club and elected its first president. The club had
58 charter members. Over the past eighty years the
club has helped to beautify the city by planting and
maintaining flowers and trees at the entrances to
Petoskey and at public buildings and parks.
Beautification contests were held to
encourage residents and merchants to plant flowers
in their yards and boxes outside their businesses.
In 1973, Petoskey Area Garden Club was instrumental
in helping to pass a City Parks Charter Amendment
requiring majority approval of the voters in order
to change city park property.
For the club’s fiftieth anniversary, it
raised funds and built the gazebo in Penn Park.
The club has contributed toward many civic
projects such as the bridge boxes, Soblesky Gazebo,
See North Exhibit, improvement of the Waterfall
Area, Crooked Tree Labyrinth, Char-Em Children’s
Garden, and landscaping for Camp Daggett and Habitat
For its eightieth anniversary, the club
refurbished the gazebo and installed a Blue Star
Memorial plaque in Penn Park
(Click on star)